Should you buy Microsoft Lumia 535 for RS. 14.250 in Pakistan?

Yes! We have got a Microsoft Lumia 535 so we could tell you all about it and try to answer the Most important question - should you buy it? And when we talk about WindowsPhone, there is one more question you might want to ask, but first thing first.

Microsoft Lumia 535, first Windows Phone to wear Microsoft's name as a brand is highly in advertisements. In PKR 14,250 Lumia 535 carries a Quad-core processor, 1GB ram, Adreno 302 GPU, 5inch Gorilla Glass 3, 5mp front and 5mp back camera with LED flash. Latest WindowsPhone version 8.1 with its latest update Denim are part of the deal, out of the box. This spec sheet is impressive for the price.

Mobilink is offering a very sweet deal for Lumia 535 and I just come across an installment package from a private company.

On other hand, since the day one, problem with Touch has been destroying Lumia 535's reputation despite the juicy guts. Microsoft acknowledged the issue and prepared an Update to Fix it.

The Touch Problem!
Now we have Lumia 535 in hands, we have been using it for some days now and we are NOT getting any touch trouble, thankfully. I thought my 535 was up-to-date out of the box, but that was not the case. Update took more than half an hour to download and install. Touch was fine before it, and it's been fine after. No more touch troubles in Lumia 535. See it in the Video yourself!

Overall Performance
Microsoft Lumia 535 is not an high-end smartphone so users of high-end devices will not be pleased. Having said that, Lumia 535 is a good combo of price and performance for mid-ranger smartphone consumer market.

Screen is great, with a large 5inch display; it is a massive handset but very light compare to Nokia X2. Very fine camera, both of them. However company decided to skip Zooming controls from default Camera app and I am determined to figure out why!

Ideal User Base
Lumia 535 is a good first pick for anyone to try what WindowsPhone is all about. Although I am enjoying the device and I feel at home with Tiles system but being an Android user, I need some Adjustments to make in this new environment. For example in Facebook there is no Chat Head for now. Facebook App is also old, which had limited Share options and I am not ok with it, but it is more of a Facebook problem than WindowsPhone and should be fixed with update from Facebook. In the meantime I am using the web version of Facebook.

For many folks I talked to, having no Call option in Facebook Messenger is the deal breaker. When will Facebook enable that option in their app I don't know but they better update that package sooner.

The gaming experience is enjoyable for me. Lumia 535 is not meant to play heavy games so just avoid installing heavy games. Some heavy games works well after reducing the graphics. I will be posting video of good games on YouTube so you might want to keep an eye on my YouTube feeds.

The Apps
Now if you are wondering the situation of Apps, I think the basic and most wanted apps are covered. I have been surfing the app store randomly just to read the names and nature of apps and I think the collection is not bad.

What bad is though for us Android users, many apps that I wanted are NOT free, and there is no other way to get them. Some apps got good alternates. For example I haven't got a working free MKV video player.

On the plus side, prices are not all that high.

Who Should Buy Lumia 535?
Considering all that, if you are new to smart phone world, or if you are getting tired of Android, or you want to know WindowsPhone OS, or you want a backup phone to leave at home for parents or to give it out to employees, Microsoft Lumia 535 could be an ideal investment.

I will be sharing my findings in WindowsPhone and Lumia 535 so stay inTouch247 and Feel free to ask me questions over
- Facebook
- Twitter
- YouTube
- in the comments

1 comment:

  1. Microsoft 04 Dec 2014 announced the availability of the Lumia 535 Dual SIM in Pakistan. It's nice mobile.

    ReplyDelete